today the grammy nominees were announced and here are my observations…
- first, they are at a truly ungodly hour… which means that i am one of the last to jump on this band-wagon… oh, well.
- second, chris tomlin received two well deserved nominations… one for best gospel performance and the other for best pop/contemporary gospel album.
- third, the david crowder band was snubbed by the recording academy… that’s a realy bummer!
- forth, johnny lang was nominated for best rock or rap gospel album… if you do not know who this is… you really need to pick up an album of his (his most recent being most favorable) or checking him out online. not only is he n amazing musician, but he has a fabulous story was well.
- fifth, alan jackson and randy travis (both amazing musicians in their own) received noms for their gospel contributions… so i ask: where’s the crowder nom?
- sixth, there really wasn’t any surprises in the secular music categories with the more spun artists receiving noms.
- finally, my disgust… are you ready for this one… i thought i was seeing things when i first saw this, but it has been confirmed by independent verification (a starbucks employee)… the pussycat dolls received a nom for best pop performance by a duo or group with vocal… and the song… stickwitu! now, i will give the ladies credit, they do have good voices… but seriously, stickwitu… it’s not even a real word. i am perplexed by the depths of the recording academy… my only guess is that they were truly desperate!
ok, that’s my summary! my only words to leave this post with are this: the pussycat dolls got a nom and the david crowder band was snubbed… are they smoking crack?